Professional Yachtmaster Training is closely monitoring the developing global situation with the Coronavirus, COVID-19 and will continue to do so in the coming weeks. While a few cases of the virus have been reported locally, we have implemented enhanced sanitizing protocols for all public areas of the school. Our instructors are using disinfectants on hard surfaces and we are encouraging everyone to practice proper hygiene to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
At present, our courses are all still on schedule. Should a travel ban restrict you from attending your scheduled course, please contact PYT directly and we will reschedule you to the next available course. If there are any changes to affect our courses, we will contact you directly to discuss.
The CDC recommends the following actions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash immediately.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, please seek medical attention.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to working with you soon.
Helpful links and information: City of Fort Lauderdale Coronavirus Updates | Florida Department of Health | CDC – Coronavirus COVID-19