The IYT Master of Yachts 200t certificates are MCA compliant and widely accepted for the commercial operation of both power and sailing commercial yachts up to 200 gross tons. The qualifications are recognized by marine insurance companies worldwide as well as being accepted by all major yacht charter and management companies.
The qualifications required for IYT Master of Yachts are associated with professional certificates of competency and not recreational tickets with a “commercial endorsement”.
IYT Master of Yachts courses are designed to provide the highest standard of maritime education for professional yachtsmen and yachtswomen who are serious about their yachting careers.
MCA Compliant Master Of Yachts Courses
These Courses Are Not For Beginners
Although there is no prerequisite for formal training, candidates are expected to have acquired a degree of experiential learning during their qualifying experience; passive “passengers” on board a vessel cannot expect to qualify.
In Addition, Candidates Must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have logged the qualifying experience relevant to the particular certificate
- Hold valid STCW Certificates for the five elements of Basic Safety Training:
- Elementary First Aid
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Basic Fire Fighting
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Compliance in Security Awareness
- Hold a VHF Radio Certificate/License
- Hold a current seafarers medical certificate (ENG 1 or equivalent)
- Successfully complete the course which includes both theory and practical examinations.