The Human Elements Of Leadership & Management (HELM) course is designed to meet the mandatory requirements of International Convention on Standards of Training and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW)
The course includes training in the human element, leadership and management at the operational level as set out in Regulations II and III of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW). It provides students with awareness and understanding of the key human factors influencing effective resource management.
Course Pricing – See All
- MCA Human Elements Of Leadership And Management (HELM) – Operational Level – 3 Days – $850
- 3 Days or 4 Nights (4:30pm to 9:30pm)
Candidates will learn how to control the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the operational level.
The Human Elements of Leadership & Management (HELM) Operational level course will entail components made up of case studies, role play, scenarios, simulation and team exercises.
The learning objectives included within the course are as follows:
- Identify good practice in shipboard human resource management.
- Identify the importance of the ‘human element’ in shipboard operations
- Apply the underpinning knowledge of related international maritime conventions and recommendations, national regulations, and codes of practice and guidelines covered in other mandatory units when controlling the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the operational level.
- Apply the elements of task and workload management, including planning, co-ordination, allocation and prioritization of human and physical resources when controlling the operation of the ship and care for persons on board.
- Apply effective resource management techniques.
- Apply the principles and practice of decision-making.
- Manage fatigue and stress.
- Contribute to shipboard training, learning, assessing and developing human management