This is an intensive 15 day course that requires students have some underpinning knowledge and experience outside the scope of the course and in order to get yourself prepared we suggest that all students have a good understanding of the following:
- International regulations for preventing collisions at sea Rules 1-19
- The steps for a three bearing fix, running fix, estimated position and a course to steer
- Tidal calculations for standard and secondary ports
Pre-study course packages for the above can be obtained when students have enrolled for the course and it is suggested that students spend a much time as possible in order to fully understand the concepts for this course.
- Minimum Age of 19 years old
- Knowledge of basic navigation and chart work OR completion of RYA Yachtmaster Offshore OR IYT MOY Limited