Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (PSCRB) (Other than Fast Rescue Boats) (Restricted) was formerly titled “MCA Advanced Sea Survival”.
The PSCRB course covers the essentials to prevention, survival and rescue techniques. It includes both theory and practical session. This course is part of the requirement for deck OOW (Yachts) 3000 GT or Engineer Certificate of Competency.
Course Pricing – See All
- MCA Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (Other than Fast Rescue Boats)(Restricted) previously MCA Advanced Sea Survival – 3 Days – $850
- STCW A-VI/1-1 (Personal Survival Techniques)
- At least 6-month seagoing service
- Must be at least 16 years old
Advanced Sea Survival subject areas include:
- Emergencies and drills
- Survival craft
- Survival equipment
- First aid
- Survival actions
- Distress communication
- Man Over Board (MOB) procedures
- Search patterns
- Lifejackets and immersion suits
- The use of rescue boats
Refresher – Updating of the MCA Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (Other Than Fast Rescue Boats) (Restricted) must be repeated at intervals not exceeding five (5) years.